Disclaimer – General
The Chapman Valley Historical Society makes every attempt to ensure accuracy, currency and reliability of the data and content contained in this website known as Chapman Valley History. However, the content of the Chapman Valley Historical Society website is provided for information purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for professional advice.
The Chapman Valley Historical Society does not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or the use of such information or advice) which is provided on this website or incorporated into it by reference.
In making material available online, the Chapman Valley Historical Society acts in good faith. However, despite these safeguards, we recognise that from time to time material published online may be in breach of copyright laws or contain sensitive personal data. If you are concerned that you have found material on our website, for which you have not given permission, contravenes privacy laws, is obscene/defamatory and in terms of copyright law is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact us in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details
- The full details of the material.
- The exact and full URL where you found the material.
- If the request relates to copyright, provide proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
The reason for your request including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation etc.,
Chapman Valley Historical Society Inc.,
PO Box 3355, Bluff Point, WA 6530
Upon receipt of the notification, the “Notice to Takedown” procedure will then commence as follows:
- The Chapman Valley Historical Society Inc. will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
- Upon receipt of a valid complaint, the material will be temporarily removed from the Chapman Valley History website pending an agreed solution.
- The Chapman Valley Historical Society Inc. will contact the contributor who deposited the material, if relevant. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what grounds, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
- The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the Chapman Valley History website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the Chapman Valley History website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the website.
- If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree on a solution, the material will remain unavailable through the Chapman Valley Historical Society Inc., until a time when a resolution has been reached.
Disclaimer – Other and linked sites
The Chapman Valley Historical Society website known as Chapman Valley History has no control over the content of material accessible on any sites cross-referenced. It accordingly is the responsibility of the visitor to make their own decisions about the relevance or accuracy, currency and reliability of information found on those sites.